Friday, August 7, 2009

Nizamuddin East

On arrival in Delhi this time, I stayed at the Nordic Centre in India. They have a nice, spacious flat in beautiful Nizamuddin, one of the oldest parts of the city. The centre is ran by the very helpful Mr. Malik, but I mostly enjoyed the company of Kantha, the maid working there, who came every day. As monsoon time is not exactly high seson for visiting scholars from the Nordic region (really wonder why?), I had the place completely to myself. Well, almost.

I like these fellows, though, as they are on my side in the neverending battle against mosquitos!


Outside, in the colony, I was impressed by the gardening skills displayed by some of the neighbors. On second thought, it is possible that some of them have people employed full time to look after their front porch gardens. The flowers are wonderful anyhow.


Furter on, moving out of the gate to get a rickshaw..

.. I would pass this impressive... Eh... I think it might be Humayun's tomb. I should know. I'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment